My family and I visited Phillips Farm in Cary this weekend – only about a 35 minute drive from Wake Forest, and we had such a great time! They have the best kettle corn, and SO much for the kids to do. Pumpkin sling shot, a giant corn maze, giant slides, a HUGE corn hut, wagon rides, a pillow bounce, a real pumpkin patch – fun for all ages. We had hours of fun!
With fall in the air and everyone jumping for joy over pumpkins, football and fall festivals, I wanted to pause and introduce you to one of my favorite (and EASY) fall recipe – Taco Chili! And what better time than with National Taco Day being just days away (who knew that was a thing?!?)…
Favorite Fall Recipes: Taco Chili Recipe
• 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
• 1/4 cup taco seasoning (depending on taste, add more or less)
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
• 2 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
• 1 15 oz can corn
• 1 15oz can tomato sauce
• 1 10 oz can rotel tomato’s
• 1 15 oz can diced tomato’s
• 1/2 jar salsa
1. Brown ground beef or ground turkey in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the onions, bell peppers and taco seasoning, and sauté for a few minutes.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can add a little water if it starts getting too thick. As with any chili, the longer you have to let it simmer, the better! You could also put this soup in a crock pot and let cook on low for several hours.
3. Sprinkle the top with cheese, serve with tortilla chips and ENJOY!
What’s your favorite fall recipe? Jump on over to our Facebook page and share! And stay tuned for additional favorite fall recipes from our team!