Phew! The countdown has begun and the wait is almost over! Residents were notified today that the NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT) officials have said that the completion of the Rogers Road bridge is still on target to re-open on Tuesday, November 8th. And for those of us who have had to detour around the bridge construction have lots of reason to celebrate!!
The Town of Wake Forest, the Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce, and several local businesses along Rogers Road have announced a bridge reopening celebration on Saturday, November 12th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The “Bridge Bash” will be hosted in the parking lot of the Heritage Pointe Shoppes at 3309 Rogers Road in Wake Forest, NC.
This exciting and family-friendly event will round up many area businesses as well as residents who have, for months, awaited the re-opening of the bridge! There will be face painting, a DJ, live music, bounce houses, obstacle course, push-up competition, an ice cream cart, food truck, games, and raffle and fun for all! This event is open to the public!
From the Town of Wake Forest website, the Schedule of Events is as follows:
- All Day – Face Painting, Live Music/DJ, Bouncy House, Inflatable Obstacle Course.
- All Day – Chair Massage – Massage Destination
- All Day – Push-up Competition – Anytime Fitness
- All Day – Board Breaking – Vision Martial Arts
- All Day – Ice Cream Cart – Dairy Depot
- All Day – Food Truck – Charlie’s Kabob
- All Day – Stretch Table – Stretch Zone
- All Day – Free Consultations – Thin Sculpting
- 9 am – Circuit Training for Adults – Anytime Fitness
- 10 am – Circuit Training for Children 13-18 – Anytime Fitness
- 12:30 pm – Mozzarella Making Demonstration – Leli’s Diner
- 1:30 pm – Raffle Drawing – Win prizes from businesses – grand prize is 1/2 of all money collected (see below…)
You’re welcome to purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win a variety of great prizes that have been graciously donated by local business. Half of the raffle ticket sales will be a grand prize drawing and the other half will be donated to Cancer Shucks and Tri-Area Ministry. The grand prize drawing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.!
We’ve had the chance to check in with many local businesses and are excited to share the following are participating in this exciting celebration!!
- Anytime Fitness
- Real McCoy’s
- Shuckers Bar & Grill
- Leli’s Diner
- Charlie’s Kabob Grill
- Massage Destination
- Quality Plus Automotive
- Xpert Computer Service & Repair
- Huntington Learning Center
- Thin Sculpting
- Stretch Zone
- Vision Martial Arts
- Wake Forest Drug
- Thai Café
- Dirty Dogs Spa
- Wake Forest Dairy Depot
- Capital Creek at Heritage Apartment Homes
- Wake Radiology – Mammogram Office
- Harris Teeter
- Christian Brothers Automotive
- Aura Salon
- Eatmon Law Firm
- Carillon Assisted Living of Wake Forest
- Narvana Hair Salon
- Little Caesars Pizza
- McPherson Family Eye Care
- State Farm Christi Spencer – Wake Forest
- PNC Bank
Have a WONDERFUL weekend and be sure to share your pictures with us on our Facebook page or on Twitter of you enjoying the community!!