1. The Wake Forest Community Christmas Dinner. This takes place on Monday, December 1st at 6:30pm at The Forks Cafeteria. Tickets are on sale for $15 per person. Several awards will be presented during this dinner including the Citizen of the Year, the Civic Organization of the Year and the Peggy Allen Lifetime Achievement Award.
2. The lighting of Wake Forest’s 30 foot tall Christmas tree on Friday, December 5th 6-8pm. The tree is located at Wake Forest Town Hall – 301 S. Brooks Street. An official way to welcome in the holiday season, this annual event is sponsored by Traditions at Heritage and is complete with a visit from Santa, performances by local school choirs & bands and free horse and carriage rides!
3. Have breakfast with Santa Clause himself! Here’s your chance to take a photo with Santa, write him a letter with your wish list, listen to story telling and music and eat delicious pancakes! Come by the Wake Forest Boys & Girls Club the morning of December 6 (8-10am) to help support this wonderful organization!
4. Downtown Wake Forest Holiday Open House! After your belly is full of pancakes, head to downtown to check out a variety of shops and restaurants! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, dance performances and all kinds of activities. This free event is taking place Saturday, December 6 and starts at 10am!
5. Christmas Historic Home Tour on Saturday, December 6 (1-7pm)! Enjoy touring 10 historic homes complete with period decorations & costumes, refreshments and horse-drawn carriage rides. This event is hosted by the Wake Forest Historic Preservation Commission, and only happens on even-numbered years…so don’t miss out in 2014!
6. Christmas concert at the Southeastern Baptist Seminary – Saturday, December 6 (7-8:30pm)! This concert is FREE and family friendly. Christmas carols and hot chocolate…perfect for getting into the Christmas spirit! The concert will be held in Binkley Chapel on the Seminary’s campus.
7. Watch the musical, ‘Christmas in New York’ with famous tenor Franc D’Ambrosio! Including his solo performances, he will sing several songs with the Wake Forest Elementary School Choir! This show will take place at the Renaissance Center on Sunday, December 7th at 3:00pm!
8. How cool?! Get a phone call from Santa (sorry kids at heart, this is only for children 3-7)! Fill out a registration form with the Wake Forest Parks & Recreation Department and Santa will make his calls on Thursday, December 11th from 6-8pm!
9. Wake Forest Christmas Parade! Join all your fellow Wake Forest residents for the largest community event in town! And of course, Santa will be making an appearance here as well! The parade will run along S. White Street and S. Brooks St. and starts at 1:00pm on Saturday, December 13th!
10. Wrap up the year with a New Year’s Eve Celebration! The Renaissance Center is offering live entertainment, a buffet dinner, midnight snacks, open bar and a dance floor! While pricier than most events around town ($100/person), this will be a night to remember!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!