It’s official, the lazy days of summer have definitely passed for 2014! The whirlwind of the holiday season is quickly approaching! It seems that the months of October, November and December are full of hustle & bustle. Not sure that you agree? Take a look at what’s going in JUST THIS WEEK in Wake Forest!
- Bingo at The Factory, sponsored by the Wake Forest Kiwanis club, Monday, at 6:30 p.m.
- Fall Foliage Tours at Joyner Park, Wednesday at 2:00 & 10:00 p.m.
- Wake Forest Community & Business EXPO (Pssst…we’re going to be there!), Thursday from 3-7. This is a great, FREE, family event and we hope to see you all there! Stop by and participate in our Creative Selfie Contest!
- Friday Fun Days, Friday at 6:00 p.m. Live music and drinks at the Wake Forest Shopping Center.
- Trunk or Treat at Good Hope Baptist Church, Friday from 6:00-8:00
- The Cotton Company Holiday Open House kicks off Friday & runs through November 2nd.
- Southeastern Seminary Crafty & Bake Sale, Saturday, 9-3, FREE ADMISSION
- Another Evening with Marcus Anderson at Wake Forest Renaissance Center, Saturday from 7-9.
See where I’m headed here? Wake Forest has so much to offer our families & community. You can find a link to the community calendar at the Town of Wake Forest website.
Halloween is Friday, October 31st and the Wake Forest Police Department recommends that princesses, ghosts & superheroes trick or treat between 6-8 p.m. If you are participating in handing out treats, please leave your porch light on.
A few helpful safety reminders as you are heading out:
- Plan for costumes to be reflective or easily seen. Make sure they are the proper length to prevent trips & falls.
- Discreetly secure emergency contact info to the costume.
- If trick or treating after dark, consider having a flashlight & fresh batteries.
- Remember to drive slowly and carefully as this is an exciting time with plenty of distractions!
Be safe as you are out and about participating in all of the awesome festivities! Be smart & aware of your surroundings.