1. The 4th of July Parade that runs down Main Street every year is run entirely by volunteers.
2. Every year since 1979 Wake Forest has been named a ‘Tree City USA’ by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
3. Forbe’s Magazine named Wake Forest the 20th fastest growing suburb in the United States in 2007!
4. The Town of Wake Forest was originally called ‘The Forest of Wake’ and only consisted of 615 acres when the land was purchased by a New Englander, Calvin Jones, back in 1820.
5. Those who would later found Wake Forest University purchased the land from Jones and held campus here (which is now the Seminary) for 122 years before moving to its current location in Winston-Salem, NC.
6. In 1880, the town’s population was under 500 people. In 2010? Over 30,000.
7. The building now known as ‘The Factory‘ used to be home to Athey Products Corporation which is a company that made street sweepers.
8. River Mill Condos, a condo conversation project, was originally one of the oldest manufacturing sites in North Carolina (in operation as far back as 1855!).
9. Shorty’s Hotdogs has been located in the same building on S. White Street and run by the same family since 1916!
10. The community of Heritage in Wake Forest, one of the largest subdivisions in Town, is comprised of over 2,000 acres (that’s more than twice as large as the original tract of land Calvin Jones purchased back in 1820 when Wake Forest got its start!).