Join your fellow Wake Forest neighbors for the town’s 41st annual Independence Day Celebration! The festivities actually start on the evening of July 3rd with an amazing display of fireworks, live music and plenty of food to choose from…or you can pack your own picnic dinner! The party continues the next day with a children’s parade at 10:00am followed by arts, crafts, games and even a watermelon seed spitting contest! Click HERE for more information about tickets and locations! See you there!
Fun Facts about July 4th:
– John Adams & Thomas Jefferson, the only signers of the Declaration of Independence, both died on the same day…July 4th, 1826.
– America actually gained its independence from Great Britain on the SECOND day of July. Final edits and revisions of the Declaration were made on the 4th.
– Fireworks are thought to have been invented by the Chinese over 2,000 years ago!
– The largest 4th of July fireworks display is in New York City over the Hudson river…over 40,000 shells are expected to be used this year!
– Hot dogs are the number one choice for grilled food on July 4th…And, July is National Hot Dog Month!