Wake Forest will be holding its 66th annual Community Christmas Dinner on Monday, December 2nd! The event will be a chance for residents to celebrate the Holiday Season, as well as observe several award ceremonies: Awards for Citizen of the Year, Award for Civic Organization of the Year and the Peggy Allen Lifetime Achievement Award. All awards will be presented by Wake Forest’s Mayor, Vivian Jones. Tickets go on sale November 1st!
- When: Monday, December 2 (6:30pm)
- Where: The Forks Cafeteria – 339 S. Brooks Street, Wake Forest
- Price: $15.00/person
- Where to Buy Tickets: Tickets will be on sale at The Forks Cafeteria, The Chamber of Commerce, Wake Forest Historical Museum on North Main Street (Calvin Jones House), NC Specialty Shop on White Street, and from members of civic clubs.
More about the awards:
– Wake Forest Citizen of the Year Award is given to someone who, in the past year, has shown great devotion to volunteering, promoting public welfare, who works to promote Wake Forest, offers leadership, serves as a role model to others and inspires others to serve our community as well.
– Organization of the Year Award will be given to a club or organization that serves the Wake Forest Community, contributes to the quality of life in Wake Forest and participates actively in community service activities.
– The Peggy Allen Lifetime Achievement Award was first awarded to Peggy Allen and named in her memory. Peggy devoted a lifetime of service to Wake Forest, graduated from Wake Forest College while it was still in town, and was a publisher for the award winning Wake Weekly newspaper for years. She will always be remembered for her deep love of the Wake Forest Community and for its children as well as the countless hours she spent volunteering for many local organizations.