Summer is coming to an end & the kids are back in school, but there are still plenty of activities to keep Wake Forest residents busy as we head into fall!
- The Wake Forest Farmer’s Market will continue to hold summer hours through September! They are open every Saturday morning 8am-12pm & every Wednesday afternoon 3pm-6pm.
- It’s not too soon to start planning for Christmas! If you’d like to be considered for being a part of Wake Forest’s 2013 Christmas Parade you can submit your application here now through October 15th.
- Saturday & Sunday, September 7 & 8 – 18th Annual Tour of Artists will be held in various studios and galleries all over town! Open 10am-6pm on Saturday & 1pm-6pm on Sunday.
- Sunday, September 8 – Wake Forest Unplugged offers residents a chance to disconnect from all electronic devices and connect with each other instead! Games, activities and a concert by The Gospel Jubilators will be taking place. This event will be held at Joyner Park, and it’s FREE!
- Sunday, September 15 – Good Neighbor Day will be held at Holding Park from 1pm-4pm and is a family friendly event complete with activities, food, dancing, music, face painting and more! Also, find out who wins the ‘Good Neighbor of the Year’ award!
- Saturday, September 21 – Used Book Sale, hosted by the Friends of Wake Forest Library, will be held from 9am-4pm at the Ledford Center on Wingate Street. All books are priced $2 or less!
- Sunday, September 29 – Help raise funds to end hunger by participating in the Wake Forest CROP Hunger Walk! This 3.5 mile walk will start at 3pm at the Wake Forest United Methodist Church.